which cyton and wifi-shield firmware and openbci gui version works well together?

khofstadterkhofstadter Colchester, U.K.
hello, 

In an earlier post I demonstrate a jumping signal with the wi-fi shield. 

To find out whether I have hardware or software issues, could anyone please let me know which cyton and wifi-shield firmware and openbci gui version works well together? 

Thanks! k

Comments

• retiututretiutut Louisiana, USA
    The most recent version of the GUI is the best bet. These issues are why there is a disclaimer on the WiFi shield. I recommend using the Ganglion+WiFi.
  • khofstadterkhofstadter Colchester, U.K.
    edited July 2019
    Thanks, I probably never read this disclaimer and assumed that Cyton+Wifi will work easily... 

@pushtheworld @techsupport @Conor  :

Do you know anyone how works with Cyton+Wifi? 
  • wjcroftwjcroft Mount Shasta, CA
    Kris, hi.

On this other recent thread, Mike also mentions that UDPx3 is NOT working with his Cyton. But that UDP alone and TCP do work.

Kris, are you using Wifi Direct with your tests? 

William
    Thanks William. I forgot to mention, I use WiFi Station with a modem that is only for this project, not with the one we use for internet. 
    I should check the other modem... 

You might try the UDPx3 again with Wifi Direct. And even with your TCP or UDP tests. Having a router in the middle apparently can frustrate the ESP chip on the Shield, because the ESP8266 has so little buffering. It's basically underpowered in a sense.
    With your wifi units in the area, consider possibly also checking the wifi channel allocations so as to avoid interference. There are some Android phone apps that can do a wifi survey in your area to show traffic by channel.

edited July 2019
    Hmm... and I always thought it is better to use Station mode as it can be faster... I'll experiment. 

.. also, thanks for the Android link.. didn't know... 

many thanks William. k