"modifying this device" to avoid disconnection ?

Qwertyuiop123Qwertyuiop123 Warsawa
edited April 2023 in Hardware

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I don't know if my question will be
I understood enough and can you help me with this.

Namely, I am talking about modifying this device
a program to interact directly with the brain without using do
this constant touching

My older brother has a rare disease and this device helps
him in the development / help of his thoughts, but the matter is of this type that
he keeps taking it off and on.
My question is, is it possible to set this up in a program that
is available so that it does not unfasten, only I could automatically
turn it off in the program?

Comments

• wjcroftwjcroft Mount Shasta, CA

Hi Qwerty,

Since you are in Warsaw and Polish is your native language, there may be some language barriers.

Are you referring to a device from OpenBCI, such as Cyton or Ganglion? Or could it be some other type of EEG headset, such as Muse or Emotiv? What app or software are you using?

EEG devices need to be IN CONTACT with the scalp to receive the brain signals. There is no way it can work without skin contact.

Regards, William

• hi now i noticed that i worded my question wrong we are using wifi shield and cyton.

Only now we do not know how to handle it, we have an ordinary program

I generally think that it does not disconnect and has a permanent connection, when I touch my brother, I want it to save and not constantly disconnect.

for example, we are playing in the yard, I don't want my brother to wear diodes only for the sensor, then we are completely more comfortable

Kind regards

Where and when did you purchase the Wifi Shield / Cyton? The Wifi Shield has NOT been sold by OpenBCI for some time, as it needs some engineering changes to work with Cyton. If you purchased from a Chinese shop, those are clones and are unreliable.

If you have an authentic Cyton, it comes with a USB dongle, that allows a "Bluetooth-like" connection between the Cyton and dongle. Thus you do not need to use the unreliable Shield, and your connections are more stable..

re: "I don't want my brother to wear diodes only for the sensor, then we are completely more comfortable"

I'm sorry, this looks like a language translation issue. What do you mean by "wear diodes"? What electrodes or headset are you using with the Cyton? All EEG requires some types of electrodes, to sense the microvolt level signals on the scalp.

William

@Qwertyuiop123 said:
    ... My older brother has a rare disease and this device helps him in the development of his thoughts...

Can you describe in more detail your goals with the EEG / Cyton? Are you doing some type of neurofeedback? How is the EEG helping him?

You also state: "I am talking about modifying this device a program to interact directly with the brain..." Explain the 'interaction'.