have to plug and unplug the Cyton dongle (few times) until it works

edited May 2018 in Cyton
Hello,

I am following this tutorial about the Cyton board. I can't connect my board to the GUI. When I click on the STATUS button to check the status of my Cyton system I have an error : "Error connecting to Serial Port".

I did all the previous step in the tutorial. I downloaded the latest FTDI drivers for my operating system (Windows 64bits). The problem could be my dongle (COM 5), it appears like that in the device manager: " USB Serial Port (COM5)".

I am currently running the version 3.2.0.

Thanks for your help.
Mathieu


Comments

  • wjcroftwjcroft Mount Shasta, CA
    Mathieu, hi.

    Have you tried:

    * running as Administrator
    * using the 3.3.1 beta?
    * has this EVER worked? On the other thread you said that 3.2.0 was working for you?
    * trying on another laptop or OS?

    William
  • Hi,

    I am running as administrator. I tried to use the 3.3.1 beta but i have a java error when I use the Hub so I'm still using the 3.2.0.

    When I click on the status button I have an error the first time (""Error connecting to Serial Port"). I have to plug and unplug the dongle (few times) until it works. It's not a big problem but its quite weird.

    Mathieu
  • wjcroftwjcroft Mount Shasta, CA
    Have you tried another laptop or OS? Sometimes the USB ports are intermittent.
Sign In or Register to comment.