OpenBCI GUI recorded data, NOT filtered. How to filter?

DDWuDDWu Los Angeles, US
edited December 2021 in OpenBCI_GUI

I am new to the OpenBCI board. I used the OpenBCI_GUI to collect EEG, ECG signals. I can only get raw data from the software. How can I acquire the filtered data as shown in the OpenBCI_GUI out and save them as a csv file ? @wjcroft @retiutut @evaesteban

Comments

  • retiututretiutut Louisiana, USA
    edited December 2021

    The GUI and BrainFlow always save unfiltered data to file. This is a matter of policy to give users complete freedom and flexibility.

    This means that you can apply any filters you want when reloading the saved data from a file. GUI 5.1.0 (coming soon) will add the ability to also output to BrainFlow Raw Data Format at the same time as OpenBCI Raw Format!

  • DDWuDDWu Los Angeles, US

    @retiutut said:
    The GUI and BrainFlow always save unfiltered data to file. This is a matter of policy to give users complete freedom and flexibility.

    This means that you can apply any filters you want when reloading the saved data from a file. GUI 5.1.0 (coming soon) will add the ability to also output to BrainFlow Raw Data Format at the same time as OpenBCI Raw Format!

    Thank you! I wonder if there is any instruction to acquire the same filtered data as shown in the OpenGUI.

  • wjcroftwjcroft Mount Shasta, CA

    Just use your function calls in your language of choice to apply the same bandpass and notch filters as were present on the GUI screen. For example, if real-time streaming with Brainflow, those calls would utilize:

    https://brainflow.readthedocs.io/en/stable/Examples.html#python-signal-filtering

    William

Sign In or Register to comment.