importing GUI recording text file to Matlab, data distortion ?
I have recently started using the Cyton board and BCI GUI to record EMG data. I have followed the tutorial and know that the computer is connected and reading from the dongle correctly. I believe that the information I am seeing in the time series display, EMG and FFT on the widget display is lines up with what to expect. When I import the recorded sessions (the txt files) they appear to be imported correctly at first, but when I plot them (using the stackedplot function) they appear as just triangluar waveforms, far removed from the complex wavesforms I've seen in the GUI.
NB: I have seen and followed the "guide" for importing data into Matlab as well.
Is there a step I'm missing, or is this expected behaviour? I want to check with those that are more familar than I am with this set-up that I have not losted any data and it is just a superisal querk in Matlab?
Comments
Are you performing a pre-filter operation on the data? Such as a bandpass from .5 Hz to 45 Hz? Cyton CSV recording file is raw unfiltered. What you see on GUI screen has filters applied.
Thanks for the reply. I had the GUI step up as default. So, if I wanted the filtered data I see to be recorded to the txt (or csv) file what would I have to do? And could it be done on the recorded data I had from the previous session, to save on having to record EMG data again? Thanks in advance.