how to run the OpenBCI_GUI on raspberry pi ?

warm882warm882 China
edited August 2021 in OpenBCI_GUI

I downloaded the GUI from https://github.com/OpenBCI/OpenBCI_GUI/releases?after=v4.1.7 in my raspberry pi.However,I cannot run the software on my raspberry pi.What should I do?

Comments



  • How did the error come about?What should I do to solve it?

  • wjcroftwjcroft Mount Shasta, CA

    Hi @warm882,

    I merged your new thread into your previously existing thread on the same subject. It's best to use the same thread, rather than opening duplicate threads. This avoids confusion.

    You have to build BrainFlow yourself (from source) for the Raspberry, ON the Raspberry. No pre-built versions exist. This may also be the case for some of the libraries required by Processing / OpenBCI_GUI.

    Is there some reason you wish to run the GUI on Raspberry? It is likely to be slower than you expect.

    A better strategy may be to run the GUI on your laptop, then write a Python or other program on the Pi if you want real-time EEG streaming to a custom signal processing app.

    What is the application you are trying to achieve? Almost anything you do will be easier on the laptop. Only if you need Pi I/O capabilities or low power operation, does the Pi make sense. And in the latter cases, your own custom app in Python (or other language supported by Brainflow) would be the way to go.

    https://brainflow.readthedocs.io/en/stable/Examples.html

    Regards, William

Sign In or Register to comment.