clearing Settings, before adjusting
Hello!
When I start an experiment with OpenBCI GUI, I have to make a long adjusting process.
If I want to clear the data of adjusting, should I use the function of ''Settings--Clear All'' ?
By the way, when I use the latest version 4.1.7 of GUI, do I need to tick "Run this program as an administrator" ?
Thank you very much.
Comments
Mentioning Richard @retiutut...
Yes, make sure to Clear All Settings before starting a session. Clicking Clear All Settings will delete all settings for all boards.
For now, we do need to run the GUI as administrator on Windows. Here is an issue that goes into more detail: https://github.com/OpenBCI/OpenBCI_GUI/issues/657
Thank you for your reply.
When I start a session, I need to set All Settings and debug signals first. Then start formal collecting, I just want to clear debug data but keep All Settings to save clean data. How to realize it?
OpenBCI Team does have great power to update GUI soon. Could the old version be updated to the latest one directly or do we need to download the latest version and delete the old one?
Thank you very much.
@zfmeng You can turn on "Expert Mode" under "Settings". Then, Save with lowercase 'n' and Load with capital 'N' on your keyboard to and from /Documents/OpenBCI_GUI/Settings/.
If you want to Save and Load custom-named settings files, use the buttons in the Settings dropdown.
For all OS, you can download the new GUI and overwrite the old GUI files.
GUI 5.0 should be able to connect without using the Hub! Coming early next year!
OK. Thank you very much.
However, mine does not overwrite.
I have two versions on my Windows 10 (4.1.7 and 4.1.2).
Then I guess you can delete older GUIs. 4.1.7 is much more stable and 4.1.2!
OK. Thank you very much. It's really helpful to me.