Test Signal
in OpenBCI_GUI
Hi,
I'm trying to generate an internal test signal with the GUI and a Cyton board. I'm able to acquire EEG signals, but when I change the Input Type to Test under Hardware Settings for a channel, I don't see a test signal, and the console shows: "an error was thrown trying to set the channels | error: Invalid ADC string".
(GUI 4.1.6, Cyton firmware 3.1.0, Mac OS 10.13.6)
Yours, Alex
Comments
Please provide a screenshot and copy of the log file.
Here are screenshots of the Hardware Settings and Time Series and the log file: https://uwmadison.box.com/s/14cgsauhuoyzbun6jaujfh8ir26a57mp
The first Invalid ADC string message comes after Initializing System where Ch 0 is already set to Test. Below that, I cycled through the Input types for Ch 2 where it reports Success until it hits Test and reports the Invalid ADC string again. Thanks for your time!
Yours, Alex
Awesome! Thanks for providing the information.
First thing I notice is that you are using Cyton firmware 3.1.0. I still use 3.1.1, but 3.1.2 is available.
https://github.com/OpenBCI/OpenBCI_Cyton_Library/blob/master/changelog.md
an error was thrown trying to set the channels | error: Invalid ADC stringIt's very possible you need to update the firmware to help the message get through to the board. I've never seen this error before in the wild, but I think this error message is self-explanatory. The above bug fix looks like it directly applies to this situation.
@wjcroft What are your thoughts? If necessary, what steps/guide should @AlexConverse take to update the Cyton from 3.1.0->3.1.2?
Updating from 3.1.0 to 3.1.2 is straightforward, just involving the upload to the PIC32 / chipKIT.
https://docs.openbci.com/docs/02Cyton/CytonProgram
The firmware in the two RFduinos is fine, and does not need update.
Hi, Unfortunately, I still can't generate an internal test signal in the GUI. I've now updated the Cyton firmware from 3.1.0 to 3.1.2, but I still get the "Invalid ADC string" error (console log attached). I may be having success setting the input source to test using the command protocol via Terminal (https://docs.openbci.com/docs/02Cyton/CytonSDK):
$ screen /dev/tty.usbserial-DM00QADO 115200 -L
x1060110X (Ch1, on, gain24, normal, include bias, connect to srb2, disconnect all from srb1) > "$$$Success: Channel set for 1$$$"
x1065110X (Test input) > $$$Success: Channel set for 1$$$
Are you able to see the test signal with the GUI? Thanks again for the help!
Yours, Alex
Richard @retiutut, any comments?
Just replicated this issue! Making an issue on GitHub.
Please move this conversation to: https://github.com/OpenBCI/OpenBCI_GUI/issues/629
This issue has been fixed by integrating Brainflow and removing the OpenBCI Hub. The fix will be available in GUI 5.0.0, coming soon.