OpenBCI_GUI & OpenVIBE data acquisition server

Hi there,
We use Cyton+Diasy OpenBCI. We wanted to run the OpenBCI_GUI to view our data and do an impedance check. Nevertheless the OpenBCI_GUI software changed server settings of the OpenVIBE data acquisitioner. The LSL stream couldn't recognise the EEG data anymore after that. Due to programming limitations we have to stick with OpenVIBE so we are looking for someone who is familiar with this problem and can help us with it. The GUI installation seems to make changes in the OpenVIBE server. Is there a way to change the OpenVIBE server settings manually or prevent the changes from happening?
Thanks!:)

Comments

  • wjcroftwjcroft Mount Shasta, CA

    Hi Rogier,

    I don't quite understand your situation. Why not just run the GUI once to check your impedance. Then quit and have OpenViBE Acquisition Server talk directly to the Cyton+Daisy? Then should not be any interference.

    In your stated situation, it sounds like you had OV AS reading an LSL stream from the GUI. But if the GUI checked impedances, then that confused the OV AS reading the LSL?

    Regards, William

  • retiututretiutut Louisiana, USA
    edited November 2019

    All the LSL mode in OpenVibe Acquisition Server does is detect active LSL streams. Very straightforward stuff. I have tested OpenBCI GUI -> OpenVibe many times with no problems!

    Probably not a good idea to start streaming over LSL if you are testing the connections with impedance check.

    • First, Get quality connections.
    • Then, start streaming data to OpenVibe.

    Any further questions on OpenVibe functionality should probably be brought up in OpenVibe forums or support.

  • BryanABryanA Tempe, AZ

    Hello,
    I'm new. I have the OpenBCI GUI 64bit app running on Windows 10 and an LSL stream started with 16 channels wearing the soft cap. The signal strength seems fine in the GUI stream. I set the serial port to the recommended settings before restarting. I opened the OpenVibe Acquisition Server 64bit and attempted to connect with the settings recommended in the tutorial. I received an error the following error:
    [Error] OpenBCI: Port has not been configure and driver could not open any port
    [Error]: Connection Failed...
    Disconnecting.
    Tutorial used for setting up OpenVibe:
    http://openvibe.inria.fr/drivers-openbci/
    My intent was to test the Using OpenBCI with OpenViBE CoAdapt P300 Speller
    I see from another thread that the P300 Speller is not currently working.
    https://openbci.com/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/12403#Comment_12403
    I would like to connect the Acquisition Server to the LSL stream, but the Tutorials seem a little unclear to me. It says "Automatic" as the only device listed in the driver configuration panel.
    Is there some trick that I am missing? I would like to explore and test some of the available software with the hardware that I have, maybe a good tutorial or guide showcasing software and how to train and so forth. I would like to find some software that can train to type or move the mouse to type. Thank you. I'll keep reading the forums. :)




  • retiututretiutut Louisiana, USA
    edited December 2019

    All you need to do is select the LSL driver in the acquisition server.

  • retiututretiutut Louisiana, USA
    edited December 2019

    Connect any OpenBCI Board to the OpenBCI GUI, then use the Networking Widget to stream data using LSL protocol to OpenVibe Acquisition Server. Start streaming from the GUI first. Select LSL in OpenVibe Acquisition Server. You should see an option in Driver Properties to select the data stream from the GUI, its typically auto-detected.

    Probably needs a screenshot added to the docs page here https://docs.openbci.com/docs/06Software/02-CompatibleThirdPartySoftware/OpenVibe#overview

  • BryanABryanA Tempe, AZ

    Okay. Great. I'll try that today. I didn't see Lab Streaming Layer (unstable) on the list. It is faded. I was using the OpenBCI driver. I wasn't sure what LSL was. The wet electrodes are bit of a pain to pop on and try something. It might have been easier with dry electrodes on the 3D printed headgear, but it's okay. Thanks. I'll post an update with the results in a bit.

  • retiututretiutut Louisiana, USA
    edited December 2019

    OpenBCI driver in OpenVibe Acquisition Server allows you to communicate directly with Cyton using Dongle.

    I have made an issue for this already in the new Documentation repo, but I have been busy improving the GUI.

    https://github.com/OpenBCI/Documentation/issues/3

  • retiututretiutut Louisiana, USA

    OpenBCI-OpenViBE doc has been updated! ?

Sign In or Register to comment.