BioExplorer, new version 2 in beta testing, discussion forum

paulbrennanpaulbrennan Victoria, Canada
edited September 2021 in Software

Hi there,
Just noticing that things seem awfully quiet over at BioExplorer, www.cyberevolution.com. The link to the demo software is broken, no response to inquiries via email or the Yahoo group. Are they operating does anybody know?
Thanks Paul

Comments

• wjcroftwjcroft Mount Shasta, CA
    edited September 2021

Paul there are other threads mentioning Bioexplorer. They would show up using the Google Advanced Search button in upper right.

The BioEx developer Larry Janow, is working on a new version, release timeframe uncertain. That is partly why Pete van Deusen has transitioned to BioEra. Yet there are many many Bioexplorer licenses / dongles in use still. And will continue I'm sure for some years. The BioEra version was only released this year. Frankly I consider Pete's Bioexplorer protocol designs as in some ways, a better platform for learning. As they are open source. His new BioEra platform is closed source. So cannot see inside or make mods.

The picture has changed now that BrainFlow library is available. So Larry may be linking with that for the next release.

William

• paulbrennanpaulbrennan Victoria, Canada

Okay thanks for that William, I'll take a look at those threads.

• Apparently they have a new version soon to be released Bioexplorer 2.0
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIYOHsEtGipPqTnHU8yGZNA

Yes, I've been in communications with Larry Janow. Version 2 is under active development.

Here is the discussion forum for Bioexplorer. And Larry Janow the developer, is making frequent comments about version 2. Version 2 will have support for at least Cyton, and we hope Ganglion if he links with BrainFlow library. Click on Messages in the left column to see current message history.

https://bioexplorer.groups.io/g/main

In an email with Larry, he mentioned to me that he is doing some beta testing of the OpenBCI support. Not sure if this requires a Bioexplorer license dongle (called a 'Hasp'). If you are already a user of Bioexplorer and have OpenBCI, you may be able to join in the beta testing.

William