My new OpenBCI isn't working

BazzzBazzz israel

Hi everyone,
I had Purchased the mark 4 bundle and followed the installation instructions on the website, downloading both FTDI and openBCI latest version.
When running auto-scan on the openBCI I'm being prompted with the following message:
"Unable to connect to Cyton. please check hardware and power source."
In addition, when plugging the dungle, the blue light is blinking once and then disappears.
I've also sent a letter to support but I"ll be happy for some advice/help from the forum.
thanks!

Comments

• wjcroftwjcroft Mount Shasta, CA

Bazzz, hi. Were you able to resolve this through OpenBCI support?

William

• BazzzBazzz israel

Hi wjcroft, not yet, unfortunately...

What have they suggested, and what have you tried?

It's a good idea to try using the Cyton on another computer or OS. Can eliminate issues with drivers or usb.

William

• BazzzBazzz israel

That's exactly what I've done. As I understood the blue light in the dongle needs to turn on when inserting the dongle, and since it's only blinking in 3 different computers the fault might be laying there.
    My discussion with the support is still ongoing, I'll update here if there will be any progress...

It's possible the dongle flash memory has glitched. Instructions for reflashing are here:

https://docs.openbci.com/docs/02Cyton/CytonRadios#uploading-host-firmware-to-the-openbci-dongle