will pay for Processing language programmer to do GUI customization

edited November 2020 in Opportunities
This discussion was created from comments split from: GUI ver 5.0.1 Resizing windows on Mac.

Comments

• nejemianejemia argentina
    edited November 2020

Dear all:
    I need a quite simple and reduced set of features on the GUI. I have no experience in JAVA nor Processing IDE.

Is anybody interested in helping me to develop the customized GUI front end for the CYTON and maintain all the credits to OpenBCI ? This will be a paid effort. If someone is interested, I will appreciate this very much.

It is intended to be part of a project for continuous monitoring of EEG in ICU's. I am working with a stuff of neurologists and other engineers.

Thanks you very much in advance.
    You can reach me by mail at: nejemia at gmail dot com.

• wjcroftwjcroft Mount Shasta, CA

Hi @nejemia, I split your comment into a new discussion topic under the 'Opportunities' category.

William

Nejemia, do note that the OpenBCI Liability statement, states:

OpenBCI products are not medical, clinical, or diagnostic devices nor are they intended for medical diagnosis and are provided to you "as is," and we make no express or implied warranties whatsoever with respect to its functionality, operability, or use, including, without limitation, any implied warranties, fitness for a particular purpose, or infringement.

https://docs.openbci.com/docs/08FAQ/Liability

• Dear William.
    It is crystal clear for me the scope of liabilities and warranties implied.
    Needless to say we will be in charge of running all the medical protocol tests under strict medical supervision before any further advance.
    No commercial use is in our path, so far.
    The idea is to use some of the already developed features in the GUI but customize it to fit the medical requirements.
    Asking for help from people who is already fluent in the software (your stuff) is a shortcut that will allow us to move faster and get the testing protocols ready as soon as possible.
    All the best and thanks a million.
    Nelson.

edited November 2020

Edited the thread title to add "will pay for". This might increase the interest factor. :-)

• edited November 2020

Have you read this? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4434600/
    or this?
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/2768699
    One option that seems to work is to record the EEG data continuously for the EEG reader to look at after the fact, but put a power spectrum amplitude-triggered alarm on the equipment for the ICU staff to notice. Heart rates and EEG 6-14 Hz power spectrum amplitudes often but not always go up at least 1.5 times baseline with a seizure.

• Dear Billh. Thanks a million for sharing. I will go over the papers but I have to discuss the info with the colleagues.
    ICU experts have their own "wish list" for cEEG and monitoring.
    The goal: adapt the OpenBCI_GUI to fit with ICU doctors desires... U know...
    Should I be able to use the GUI receiving from CYTON adapted specifically for cEEG on ICU's, we will be able to run several tests and experiments.
    Again, thank you so much!!!

• pirlapirla France

Is this question still open ?
    Maybe i could help (i 'm fluent in processing, looking at openBCI source code ( for another project) and have worked in ICU in my youth. Now retired and working at home )
    Could you tell me more ?
    thanks
    Pirla

Dear Pirla:
    Thanks a million for your answer.
    It is open! Lot of work to be done.
    It will be a privilege to work with you.
    Let me know how to proceed.
    If you want, drop me a line to my email [email protected]
    Take care, all the best.
    Nelson

• dman2210dman2210 Idaho, United States

Hello, also wondering if this is still open?

Dear dman2210.
    Thank you for contacting me through the Forum.
    Unfortunatelly, we are no longer using OpenBCI. We moved toward a different solution.
    However, some parts of the CYTON are still part of our system, so, if something new arises, I will post it here.
    All the best!!!
    Kind regards.
    Nelson