Cyton noise bursts [resolved]

SixianSixian G11 6BZ, Partick, Glasgow City, United Kingdom
edited April 21 in Cyton

Hello,
I have a problem that periodic wave packets often appear in the signals I measured. I think these wave packets are formed by noise. I have set to filter out power frequency noise, but these wave packets still appear from time to time. The pictures show the case of wave packets and none.

Any idea about how to fix it?
Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• wjcroftwjcroft Mount Shasta, CA

Sixian, hi.

Have you tried moving your setup to another location? Sometimes the EMF electromagnetic fields, in a given location swamp the EEG microvolt level sensitivity. Among the many things to avoid are: power cords, wall warts, power supplies, LED / CFL lighting, conduits in walls, floors, wireless transmitters, cell towers, etc.

Has your Cyton EVER worked correctly without these noise bursts? When did you purchase?

William

• wjcroftwjcroft Mount Shasta, CA

Also check your electrode impedances. If these are too high, can increase susceptibility to external noise sources.

• retiututretiutut Louisiana, USA

Hi There,

It looks like you are using an old version of the GUI. You are welcome to update to GUI v5.0.4, the most stable version of the GUI, for free at https://openbci.com/downloads.

Take Care,
    RW

• SixianSixian G11 6BZ, Partick, Glasgow City, United Kingdom

Thanks a lot! I think my problem is solved! I tried to record brain electricity in a room with no electricity today. The signal quality obtained is good.

• SixianSixian G11 6BZ, Partick, Glasgow City, United Kingdom

This is a comparison of the two data spectrums. Thanks again!

• retiututretiutut Louisiana, USA
    edited April 21

@wjcroft @sixian I think this also resolves https://openbci.com/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/2956/high-low-frequency-energy-in-eeg-signal#latest after reviewing the bursts in the in external spectrograms. I could also be incorrect.

Glad to hear you were able to reduce EMF.