WiFi Shield availablity in store? (need higher sample rate)

DilemmaDilemma US
edited September 2020 in Wifi Shield

Seems that the WiFi shield is not available in the OpenBCI store right now. Is there any way to purchase it? Thanks.

Comments

• wjcroftwjcroft Mount Shasta, CA

The Wifi Shield is not available at the moment. This may change in the future.

William

• Hi William,
    Thanks for the reply. I want to use the WiFi Shield to increase the sampling rate. I tried to save the data in an SD card but I could not figure out how to change the sampling rate. I've found many posts on this topic but they are all several years ago. Would you please tell me how to increase the sampling rate? Thanks so much.

Dilemma, hi.

This Pull Request (PR) apparently fixes the ability to sample faster to SD card. It has not yet been folded into the current firmware. Feel free to try it out, and comment on the PR Issue or here.

https://github.com/OpenBCI/OpenBCI_Cyton_Library/pull/96

Mentioning @retiutut.

William

I just got word that more Wifi Shields should be arriving. Not sure the time frame to get here from manufacturing.

• Hi William,
    Thanks for letting me know. Looking forward to their arrival.

• This I need wifi shields also, Thanks

• Hi,
    Is there any update on the availability of the shields? Thanks.

OpenBCI engineering staff is occupied with the upcoming VR/AR product. Before the Shield reappears in the Shop, it needs a minor power supply modification to increase reliability with Cyton. (Ganglion reliability is fine.) So Shield manufacturing run is waiting on the testing of that mod. Probably 1st quarter 2021 is likely.

As far as increasing sample rate to SDcard, I assume you saw the previous posts on this thread from Sep 15, regarding firmware mods that enable faster sample rate without needing shield.

Regards, William

• atthaattha Bangkok

Any updates? Hopefully it arrives before October.

The revised Wifi Shield has been delayed by the number of staff working on the Galea product. Apologies for the 1st quarter 2021 projection in late 2020. Mentioning @Shirley Richard @retiutut.

• @wjcroft thank you for the mention. The wifi shield hardware revision is currently paused due to ongoing time obligations but we have not shelved the plan to bring it back into the shop. Any updates will be announced via the OpenBCI monthly newsletter.