FRI 5mm Electrode Leads

edited April 2019 in Electrodes
Hi,

I'm new here. I've been looking around the forums and have found a few discussions regarding the use of the FRI 5mm electrode. I'm looking to use these electrodes and would like to know how the leads that go with this electrode are terminated, and how these can be hooked up to the Cyton+Daisy boards. My assumption is that the leads that FRI ship for these electrodes terminate in a female connector than can then be attached to the openBCI Header Pin to Touch Proof Electrode Adapter. Is this right, and is this how the connection to these electrodes is made so they can be used with the openBCI boards? I'd be very thankful if you could let me know.

Thanks,

Amit.

Comments

• wjcroftwjcroft Mount Shasta, CA
    Amit, hi.

re: "these electrodes terminate in a female connector", yes you can see it here,

It's not a 'snap' type connector, instead it clips on from the side.

Another option is to use this kit, which contains the leads with female header connectors, which allows directly plugging into the mainboard header male pins, without need for the touchproof adapter.

But that kit comes with the short combs, instead of the long combs.

Regards,

William

• Hi William,

Thank you so much for your answer. It is much appreciated. Do you happen to have an image of how the FRI 5mm Electrodes fit into the Ultracortex Mark IV. I can't seem to find an image. Do they simply slot into the same positions where the electrodes that ship with Ultracortex Mark IV generally go, or is there some sort of modification that needs to be undertaken to enable this?

Thanks,

Amit.
  • wjcroftwjcroft Mount Shasta, CA
    You just replace the small tooth combs, with the large tooth combs. Using your screwdriver. The rear of the electrode assembly is attached to the bolt with what is called a "crimp nut". You can grasp this with a pair of pliers if you need to.
  • Great! Thank you for clarifying that.