Are there any MATLAB experts here who can program a simple application?

squadussquadus Los Angeles
edited July 2018 in Opportunities
I need a simple application developed on MATLAB in conjunction with the BCILAB plugin and it involves the following variables:

P300 Event Related Potentials (ERP)
Steady State Evoked Potentials (SSEPs) including
- Auditory Evoked Potentials (SSAEPs)
- Visually Evoked Potentials (SSVEPs)
- Somatosensory Evoked Potentials
Motor Action Potentials (CMAP) 
Sensory Nerve Action Potentials (SNAP)

EDIT (after talking to a few ppl I may not need these two but they are included)
Sensorimotor Rhythms (SMR)
Slow Cortical Potentials (SCPs)

I need to develop a program in MATLAB to cancel these variables.

I purchased this book [IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/2zz8fpv.jpg[/IMG] to reverse engineer the variables/brain responses needed, so I am fairly confident this is the solution I need.

Comments

• wjcroftwjcroft Mount Shasta, CA
    Hi Squadus.

Your statement: "I need to develop a program in MATLAB to cancel these variables.", does not really make sense. Can you elaborate. The "variables" you listed above are different technologies used in BCI systems. They are not 'canceled', but rather combined to fit the needs of the application. What is it you are trying to create. You also mention reverse engineering. What system are you referring to?

Matlab and BCILAB are not always the best tools for BCI development. For one reason, Matlab is an interpreted environment which runs rather slowly, and BCILAB / EEGLAB, adds additional complexity.

Describe your application.

Regards,

William

PS did you get your LSL widget to work?

• squadussquadus Los Angeles
    edited July 2018
    Hi William,

I purchased a Ganglion board and Ultracortex Mark IV Headset (DIY kit) a few months back because I think an old neighbor connected one to my brain while I was sleeping. (!!)

I need to figure out how to fix/cancel/remove the ability for my neighbor to communicate with me through my brain via sounds and images. I first tried PEMF and TMS before he hinted that OpenBCI was the solution. I hope you can understand how important it is to have full reticular activating system (RAS) of the brain.

Anyways,

I have been reading up on how BCI works through Evoked Potentials. I simply just need help with developing a program to fix/cancel/remove these Evoked Potentials (P300, SSEP, CMAP, SNAP, etc). I have MATLAB installed....if a solution can be created on a different software for BCI I am also open to it.
    "because I think an old neighbor connected one to my brain while I was sleeping. (!!)"

No. This is impossible. Maybe it might be possible in some type of science fiction movie, but not in the current 2018 physical reality. This statement you are making here, is so off the wall, it boggles my mind.

"I need to figure out how to fix/cancel/remove the ability for my neighbor to communicate with me through my brain via sounds and images."

Again, this is not an area in which BCI has any application.

Let me ask you this, is it possible you are having some unusual mental experiences, that might 'appear' to be external sensory information impinging upon you? But in fact are some other phenomena? I can relate some other possibilities to you, if you have interest. But you can rule out BCI or any type of "mind control" is being utilized.

Regards,

edited July 2018
    Are you saying this is not how BCI works?

Please read the anomalous sensory perception link I left above. BCI has nothing to do with the phenomenon you are describing ("the ability for my neighbor to communicate with me through my brain via sounds and images.") Absolutely NOTHING.

Thanks for your help. I will talk with more experts.
    Also, in regards to your statement "Again, this is not an area in which BCI has any application" have a look at this whitepaper: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0105225
    edited July 2018
    Sure.

Look at the equipment involved. 

Is this something that your neighbor could have setup while you were sleeping? Get real.

If you are receiving anomalous sensory information, it is likely this,

This is just the whitepaper. OpenBCI is open source so anything can be programmed with it.