Anyone who wants to work on a neurofeedback development with Ganglion board?

Hi everyone, I am looking for someone who has experience with Ganglion board, to connect it via BLE to a mobile app (Android & iOS). The EEG data will be used for neurogaming, we are working in Unity3D. He/she will be paid for the development. 

Any interested send me an email to: [email protected]

Regards!

Comments

• wjcroftwjcroft Mount Shasta, CA
    edited May 2018
    FGarro, hi.

You may have better connectivity connecting to mobile devices through the Wifi Shield. Past attempts at direct BLE connection to Ganglion have encountered issues with the Android BLE stack: it cannot handle the sustained packet rate. Not sure about iOS. Try some forum searches on Ganglion and mobile or Android, such as,

However if you connect the Ganglion to a mobile via Wifi shield, there are no issues at the default data rates.

If you connect to the Ganglion with a laptop, there should be no issues as well.

Regards,

William

Another route you might want to go, is to use the BioEra signal processing environment (on laptop). It has been used for many neurofeedback apps.
  • Hi wjcroft, the idea is to connect it to a mobile app, so laptop is discarded. We want to try BLE first, and then consider Wifi shield. Thanks for your suggestions, are you interested in discuss it further for joinning the dev team?
    edited May 2018
    Thanks. If you look at those search results above, you can read why the Android BLE stack fails. Seems to be because many kernel processes are intricately connected in the BLE stack and all the context switching involved precludes reliable and consistent delivery of the packets from the Ganglion / Simblee. As far as I know I have not heard reports from iOS users, so that BLE stack may behave differently. Note that BLE is intended for brief periodic updates from tracking devices, and not continuous streaming of high speed data.

AJ Keller has the BLED112 dongle working with the GUI (Hub 1.4.2), which can be used in place of the CSR / Zadig approach. It's appears that the BLED112 has sufficient internal buffering so the host OS requirements are not as severe. If your mobile supports an OTG (USB host mode) adapter, you may be able to interface with the BLED112.

Regards,

William

• thanks William! Could this be solved by adding an external BLE module to communicate with Android app?
    Yes, that is what I'm suggesting. The BLED112 presents itself as a USB serial port. And the dongle has apparently sufficient internal buffering that it avoids the silly restricted flow of the Android OS kernel based, multi-process BLE stack.

As far as easiest way to get ideas from an existing OpenBCI code base, take a look at the Hub implementation that AJ @pushtheworld created. I think this is Javascript / node.js / Electron based. In the Open Source spirit, PLEASE consider open sourcing your Android OpenBCI interface code (written in Java). Github:

[search for 'bled112' strings]

Also note these related threads which document the failed attempt using the OS BLE stack, and would be appropriate thread(s) to document your solution.

Regards,

William
    We can announce your Android Ganglion library API solution on our community page, which would give you nice exposure,