BCI sensory input for the simulation of acceleration & g-force

I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction here...
One thing I've been thinking about is the simulation of acceleration and g-force through non-invasive BCI sensory input (i.e. no implants). This would be a complete game changer for 3D racing simulations, for instance, where you could physically feel the acceleration or deceleration in 3 dimensions without actually moving. I'm not talking about any type of motion platform, inflatable cushions that emulate pressure, or strings attached to a helmet that pulls your head in various directions. I mean direct signals to the brain that forego all that gadgetry, the feeling of rollercoaster acceleration in multiple degrees of freedom that is felt or somehow "produced" in your mind through proper stimulation/signaling.
I wouldn't necessarily rule out tactile feedback suits (s.a. the Teslasuit) in this context, though I don't think that electrical stimulation on the body would necessarily be an effective way of going about it (despite the fact that the whole body "feels" acceleration when subjected to it). I'm led to believe that direct signals to the brain are the ultimate way to go.
I know this is an extremely challenging and multifaceted proposition, but I'd be curious to know if you've heard of any institutions, companies or individuals working on or researching this type of problem.
And if you had to start from scratch, how would you even begin to develop a g-force simulation system like that? What challenges would have to be overcome, what are the main bottlenecks? More specifically, through the lens of OpenBCI, what would need to happen in terms of technological development to create a solution, if only a clunky one that could be improved upon later? Who would you consult, what would you read, what keywords would you use when searching the web? I'd welcome any ideas, suggestions, or resources that come to mind.

Comments